I’m back on the mainland and ready to get home to do my Sunday routine to prep for the week. I love using this day to really get clear about how I want my week to go, what I’d like to complete.
Do you have a Sunday routine?
I have decided to list a few of my non-negotiables for Sunday and perhaps you may be inspired by them (or nah, and that’s cool too lol).
- LAUNDRY – I know this may be a tough one, it used to be painstaking for me.. I had no issues with washing and drying but putting away was my nemesis. Now, I simply fold things as SOON as they come out of the dryer. I noticed that my mood and overall energetic vibration is a lot higher when I don’t have piles of clothes around my home and all my things are neatly put away and available when I need them. Don’t forget to wash your bedding!
- REFRIGERATOR – Admittedly I am a recovering OCD neat freak (my children would say I never recovered) but I cannot stand to have clutter in my fridge. That leftover dish from Tuesday? Yep! Time to let it go. I like to go through my fridge on Sundays and get rid of any old produce that wasn’t used, empty out the tupperware and throw out any expired food. It just FEELS better and it creates more space for more yummy and nourishing foods to replace the old.
- JOURNALING – Setting 1-3 primary goals for the upcoming week is a great way to actually accomplish them. They may not be things that can be done in one sitting, and thats ok! If you’re anything like me, START WITH ONE! I often sit down to make a “little list” of things to do and wind up with 3 pages that overwhelm me and then cause me to procrastinate. A full brain dump is helpful sometimes, but for this Sunday let’s focus on 1 (3 maximum).
- TAKE A BATH and/or STEAM – Sunday is really a day for resting, although the things I’ve listed up until this point may feel like “work”, it’s important to keep in mind that they are adding to your PEACE of mind and can also be considered meditative. I like to tidy up with some really great music that makes me feel good blasting from my bluetooth speakers. Baths are my GO TO for relaxation. There’s something about being submerged in hot water and herbs that allows stress to melt away.
- CLOTHES – I have two young children who don’t love waking up in the morning. Anything I can do to lighten the load for them and me in the morning is well worth it. I lay their outfits out for Monday morning as well as my own.
- FOOD – Having meals planned for at least Monday and Tuesday is a good way to cut down on stress and also to save money by not swinging by for crap on the way home.
- PRAYER – I love praying everyday but Sunday is a day that I can really take my time to get into contemplating all the people and circumstances and dynamics I want to send love to.
Welp! I hope this was helpful.
PS. I was thinking to share some pictures from our vacation to St. Croix, would you be interested?
No related posts.